Thank you for your outstanding support for our submarine force in the Pacific. You have made a significant impact in the quality of communications available to the fleet.
CDR Dale Ramsay
Description: Predicate Logic is looking for a dynamic self starting individual to join our Submarine Operating Authority Engineering team providing communications and network technical support for the U.S. Navy Submarine Force.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the In-Service Engineering Agent (ISEA) On-Site Cyber Security Engineer for the Low Band Universal Communications System (LBUCS) equipment and network at Commander Submarine Force, U.S. Atlantic Fleet Norfolk, VA.
- Maintain the LBUCS suite fully operational and in compliance with all cyber security requirements.
- Supervise the performance of all System Administrative responsibilities for the LBUCS suite.
- Supervise the configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of the LBUCS suite.
- Provide remote assistance to LBUCS transmitter sites as required for system configuration, testing, troubleshooting.
- Develop and provide test and evaluation support for new concepts, lead site testing, System Operational Verification Testing (SOVT) and other test events in support of the LBUCS Suite.
- Assist government personnel in maintaining strict configuration control of the LBUCS suite of equipment.
- Possess knowledge and comprehension of secure build techniques, tools and practices of DISA Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG).
- Participate in Submarine Operating Authority Engineering reviews.
- Provide technical representation at meetings as required to represent the Submarine Operating Authority systems and in particular LBUCS.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Install, Configure and Maintain a scalable and highly available virtual environment utilizing VMWare vSphere ESXi hypervisor
- Working knowledge of direct attached, network attached and storage area network-based storage devices, protocols and management techniques.
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS and Netapp storage solutions with a focus on VMWare-based solutions
- Fundamental knowledge of network architectures and associated equipment including, but not limited to zones, screening devices, and typical design.
- Working knowledge with CISCO routers and switches and their configuration and management.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to troubleshoot the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Working knowledge of network analysis tools such as Wireshark.
- Ability to manage and audit the cyber security of systems using tools such as HBSS and ACAS.
- Ability to perform log reviews of systems to analyze for evidence of exploitation.
- Ability to interface with remote users via chat, telephone, naval messaging and email to assist in troubleshooting system functional issues.
- CISSP Certification required.
- VMWare Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV) certification strongly desired but otherwise must be achieved within 6 months of hire.
- Experience with Submarine Communications, including RF paths providing IP connectivity.
- First-hand experience required in the following areas:
- Cisco routers and switches
- VMWare ESXi 5.5 or later
- Server operating systems management
- Cyber security configuration compliance management/auditing
- First-hand experience strongly desired in the following areas:
- Cisco UCS
- Netapp storage solutions
- Windows Server 2012 or later
- Windows 10 or later
- Avocent series of KVM Matrix Switches or similar
- Linux Systems Administration
- Serial communications
- Installation and maintenance of cabling and connectors to include:
- Serial (RS-232/440 and EIA-530)
- Shielded and unshielded twisted pair (RJ-45/CAT5+ Ethernet)
- Fiber Optics, copper, transceivers and switches
- Cryptographic Devices to include in-depth knowledge of:
- KG-175 TACLANE series, KIV-7 Series
- Must be able to independently build/rebuild servers and workstations, both virtual and physical both from baseline templates including system backs and/or OVF templates.
Possess a current/active Top Secret security clearance. Must be eligible for SCI Access.
Ability to travel within the U.S. and foreign countries. Travel Estimated less than 10%
To apply for this position, please download, complete and return these 3 documents:
Predicate Logic’s equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment including, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational opportunity, dismissal, social and recreational programs.