Predicate Logic is looking for a network engineer to join our Submarine Operating Authority Engineering team providing communications and network technical support for the U.S. Navy Submarine Force. Predicate Logic is currently accepting resumes for a Network Engineer opening in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Possess a current/active Top Secret security clearance. Must be eligible for SCI Access.
- Experience with Submarine Communications, including RF paths providing IP connectivity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Fleet personnel afloat and ashore in the troubleshooting and repair of serial and IP based communications systems.
- Act as the liaison to the appropriate In Service Engineering Activity (ISEA) to ensure problems that cannot be corrected locally are resolved by outside personnel.
- Develop and provide test and evaluation support for new concepts, lead site testing, System Operational Verification Testing and other test events that require network engineering expertise.
- Assist government personnel in maintaining strict configuration control of current architectures.
- Knowledge and comprehension of secure build techniques, tools and practices of DISA Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG).
- Participate in Submarine Operating Authority Engineering reviews.
- Provide technical representation at meetings as required to represent the Submarine Operating Authority systems.
- Provide Network Administration of the Submarine Operating Authority Servers.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Must have expert knowledge of SMTP and POP Internet RFC’s including transport protocol-level (i.e. Wireshark™) familiarity.
- Experience with Submarine Communications
- First-hand experience desired in the following areas:
- CISCO Routers and Switches
- VMWare ESXi 6.x or later
- Sectera Secure Wireline Modems
- Avocent series of KVM Matrix Switches
- Linux Systems Administration
- Military VLF/HF/UHF/EHF Communications Systems, to include WSC-3, DMR, Mini-Dama, USC-38(), and other submarine specific transmit and receive equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of cabling and connectors to include:
- Serial (RS-232/440 and EIA-530)
- Shielded and unshielded twisted pair (RJ-45/CAT5+ Ethernet)
- Fiber Optics, transceivers, switches, hubs, and Media converters.
- Cryptographic Devices to include in-depth knowledge of:
- KG-175 TACLANE series, KIV-7 Series, KG-195 and KG-19.
- Configuration and daily maintenance of servers and associated devices (Windows/Linux).
- Must be able to independently build/rebuild servers and workstations of all OS’s. Should be able to visualize afloat configurations in order to provide remote assistance via chat.
Ability to travel within the U.S. and foreign countries. Travel Estimated less than 10%.
Predicate Logic’s equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment including, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational opportunity, dismissal, social and recreational programs.
To apply for this position, please download, complete and return these 3 documents to firstname.lastname@example.org: