Predicate Logic is looking for a network engineer to join our Submarine Operating Authority Enterprise (SOA-E) team providing communications and network technical support for the U.S. Navy Submarine Force. Predicate Logic is currently accepting resumes for a Network Engineer opening in Naples, Italy supporting CTF 69.
- Possess a current/active Top Secret security clearance. Must be eligible for SCI Access.
- Experience with Submarine Communications, including RF paths providing IP connectivity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Fleet personnel afloat and ashore in the troubleshooting and repair of serial and IP based communications systems.
- Act as the liaison to the appropriate In Service Engineering Activity (ISEA) to ensure problems that cannot be corrected locally are resolved by outside personnel.
- Develop and provide test and evaluation support for new concepts, lead site testing, System Operational Verification
- Assist government personnel in maintaining strict configuration control of current architectures.
- Knowledge and comprehension of secure build techniques, tools and practices of DISA Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG).
- Participate in Submarine Operating Authority Engineering reviews.
- Provide technical representation at meetings as required to represent the Submarine Operating Authority systems.
- Provide Network Administration of the Submarine Operating Authority Servers.
Testing and other test events that require network engineering expertise.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to configure CISCO routers and switches locally and remote.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP protocols (emphasis on Multicast) and Doman Name Systems (DNS).
- Expert knowledge of network architectures and associated equipment including, but not limited to zones, screening devices, and typical design.
- Expert knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF, BGP and EIGRP.
- Systems Expert on email delivery, specifically including all aspects of POP3 and SMTP.
- Must have expert knowledge of SMTP and POP Internet RFC’s including transport protocol-level (i.e. Wireshark™) familiarity.
- Familiarity with direct attached and network attached storage devices, protocols and techniques to include iSCSI.
- Understanding of Virtual Machines (VM) and knowledge of VM configurations.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with remote users via chat, telephone, naval messaging and email to assist in troubleshooting.
- CISSP Certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Cisco (CCNA/CCDA/CCNP/CCDP/CCSP) and or Microsoft (MCSA/MCSE) strongly desired.
First-hand experience desired in the following areas:
- CISCO Routers and Switches
- VMWare ESXi 6.x or later
- Sectera Secure Wireline Modems
- Avocent series of KVM Matrix Switches
- Linux Systems Administration
- Military VLF/HF/UHF/EHF Communications Systems, to include WSC-3, DMR, Mini-Dama, USC-38(), and other submarine specific transmit and receive equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of cabling and connectors to include:
- Serial (RS-232/440 and EIA-530)
- Shielded and unshielded twisted pair (RJ-45/CAT5+ Ethernet)
- Fiber Optics, transceivers, switches, hubs, and Media converters.
- Cryptographic Devices to include in-depth knowledge of:
- KG-175 TACLANE series, KIV-7 Series, KG-195 and KG-19.
- Configuration and daily maintenance of servers and associated devices (Windows/Linux).
- Must be able to independently build/rebuild servers and workstations of all OS’s. Should be able to visualize afloat configurations in order to provide remote assistance via chat.
Ability to travel within the U.S. and foreign countries. Travel Estimated less than 10%.
Predicate Logic’s equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment including, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational opportunity, dismissal, social and recreational programs.
To apply for this position, please download, complete and return these 3 documents to email@example.com: